Cannabis Education: OMMP Information
- Agitation due to Alzheimer’s disease
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition that produces one or more of the following:
- Cachexia (a weight-loss disease that can be caused by HIV or cancer)
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Seizures: including but not limited to seizures caused by epilepsy
- Persistent muscle spasm: including but not limited to spasms caused by multiple sclerosis.
After you have determined that you have a qualifying medical condition. Send your medical records to a medical marijuana clinic such as Empower or the Portland Alternative Clinic. Links at the bottom of this page.
You would have to ask your physician yourself. Many doctors do not write medical marijuana prescriptions. This is why there are medical marijuana card clinics with a doctor who will prescribe marijuana for qualifying conditions.
You must fill out an OMMP change form and pay the fee if necessary. Follow this link to the OMMP change form.
You can purchase cannabis and cannabis products at a dispensary tax free. State of Oregon recreational marijuana tax is 17%. Each city also has the option to tax marijuana. In the city of Portland, the tax is 3% to the city.
Recreational users are allowed to grow 4 total marijuana plants at one time. As an OMMP patient that designates yourself the grower, you are permitted to grow 6 mature plants and 12 vegetative plants at one time. Please note OMMP plants must be grown at a registered OMMP grow site. Please see this link for plant limits as they vary based on your zoning:
As an OMMP patient, you may possess up to 24 ounces of usable marijuana.
- 8 ounces of usable marijuana;
- 16 ounces of a medical cannabinoid product in solid form;
- 72 ounces of a medical cannabinoid product in liquid form;
- 16 ounces of a cannabinoid concentrate whether sold alone or contained in an inhalant delivery system;
- Five grams of a cannabinoid extract whether sold alone or contained in an inhalant delivery system;
- Four immature marijuana plants; and
- 50 seeds.
Formerly: The Hemp & Cannabis
105 SE 18th Ave.
Portland, OR 97214
Phone: (503) 281-5100
Fax: (503) 235-0120
Portland Alternative Clinic
9045 SW Barbur Blvd Suite 106
Portland, OR 97219
Phone: (503) 477-5643