Gluten-Free & Vegan Peanut Butter kief Cookie Recipe
By Margo Amala
Making edibles is cost-efficient, fun and allows you to craft your recipes to meet your own personal dietary needs. If you are a person with dietary sensitivities, let this recipe be your guide. This recipe is very malleable: substitutions are easy with this recipe! Sweeteners such as monk fruit or stevia could make these cookies sugar-free. You could also substitute almond butter or cashew butter if you are sensitive to peanut butter.
Cooking with cannabis is simplified when you use kief or Rick Simpson Oil. Since you will be baking these cookies for a long enough duration at a high enough temperature you do not need to decarboxylate your kief or extract before placing it in the cookies (note that may or may not be the case in other recipes). That said, if you want to take the extra step of decarboxylating first – no harm in that. If you do, the cookies may end up further on the sleepy end of intoxication. When you decarboxylate for a longer period of time than necessary to convert the THCA to THC, the THC will convert to CBN, which has a primary effect of being sleepy. For this recipe, you can just mix your kief or extract right into the cookie batter. Make sure to mix well, so it is evenly distributed. For calculating the potency of your edibles you will need to know the quantity in grams of kief or RSO, and the potency of the kief or RSO. You will also need to know how many cookies you desire to make. This recipe is designed to make 10 cookies. See the example calculation below for 10 cookies using 1 gram of kief with a potency of 35% THC.
How to dose your batch
- Convert THC percentage to milligrams (mg)
- 35% THC converts directly by moving the decimal point 3 places to the left translating to 350 mg of THC in 1 gram of kief.
- Divide the 350 mg by the number of cookies (10 in this case) to get 35 mg THC per cookie.
You will need
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (I prefer the fresh ground sort, as it won’t be separated and the consistency will be more uniform)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- Cannabis kief or extract of your choice
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup nuts of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Measure all ingredients.
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Place parchment paper down on a baking sheet – or oil the baking sheet with a vegetable oil of your choice.
- Roll cookie size balls place them on the cookie sheet and press them down with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.