The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on or accessed through this website. These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA). Cannabis and cannabis products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
– Grinder of some sort (hand grinder, blender or food processor)
– 1 Baking Sheet
– Aluminum Foil
– Candy Thermometer
– Pan or Crockpot
– Cheese-cloth or a Hash Bag
– Coconut Oil (or other oil of your choice)
– Sunflower or Soy Lecithin
– Cannabis Trim, Shake, or Buds
Before You Begin
It is optimum to decarboxylate your cannabis before beginning your oil making process. To most effectively decarboxylate:
1. Grind up cannabis.
2. Spread out cannabis on cookie sheet or baking pan in an even, thin layer. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
3. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
4. Once pre-heated, place baking sheet of cannabis in oven and bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, open the oven door and turn off the oven. Leave the cannabis in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Use 1 ounce of trim or shake to 1 cup of oil. You may certainly use less cannabis per cup of oil: your oil will simply be less potent. The ratio of 1 ounce trim or shake to 1 cup oil (depending on the potency of the shake or trim) will yield on average oil that is between 7-10 mg/g of cannabinoids.
1. Measure 1 ounce of cannabis shake or trim.
2. Measure 1 cup of coconut oil.
3. Measure 1/2 teaspoon lecithin per cup of oil.
4. Place coconut oil and lecithin in pan on stove or turn on crockpot. Warm coconut oil and lecithin to 180 degrees. Use candy thermometer to monitor temperature.
5. Pour cannabis into coconut oil.
6. Allow cannabis to cook in the coconut oil for 2 hours.
7. Turn off heat and cool your mixture to room temperature.
8. To increase potency use thermal cycles. Warm up the mixture to 180 degrees and allow it to cook for another 30 min – 2 hours. Then cool down to room temperature again. You may do as many thermal cycles as you see fit. Typically 2-3 cycles is sufficient.
9. Finally, let your mixture cool down a bit and then strain through cheese-cloth or hash bag. If you wish to remove all the cannabis from the oil, I suggest a fine mesh hash bag.